Building Healthy Relationships
Here’s an awesome list of tips that I got from a middle school coach. He has these on laminated 8 1/2″ x 11″ cards which he flashes through every day in his classes. I love these!
1) Positive people; positive places.
2) Two roads in Life: pride or humility.
3) Effort: Being willing to work hard.
4) Be all you can be within your own personality.
5) If you cheat in PE, you’ll cheat in Life.
6) Information and transformation.
7) Commitment over feeling.
8) If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right.
9) Problem Solving: putting what you know and what you can do into action.
10) Caring: showing concern for others.
11) Interruption or opportunity.
12) Confidence: feeling able to do something
13) Before you speak, “THINK”, it is: True Helpful Inspirational Necessary Kind
14) “Act” your way into feeling … Don’t “feel” your way into “action”
15) Be an IDM …. Informed Decision Maker
16) What you don’t feed dies
17) Do what you’ve got to do now so you can do what you want to do later.
18) Don’t trade your passion for glory.
19) Devotion defines.
20) Win a trophy. Don’t be a trophy.
21) Integrity: Doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
22) Perseverance: completing what you start.
23) Humility: putting others needs and wants before your own.
24) Attitude is more important than: giftedness, appearance or skill.
25) Get FAT: Faithful… Available … Teachable
26) Common Sense: using good judgment
27) Initiative: moving into action
28) Responsibility: doing what’s right
29) Hurt people hurt people.
30) Win with humility. Lose with grace.
31) Be fair, merciful and humble.
32) Leaders are readers.
33) Be yourself because no one can be a better you than you.
34) Do your best and don’t cheat.
35) WAC: Watch and Copy.
36) Don’t whine, complain or make excuses.
37) Nobody is good at everything, but everybody is good at something.
38) Eat well … Exercise hard … Sleep enough.
39) P3P: Put It In It’s Place
40) OTC: On the Clock
41) SISOI: Small Incremental Steps Of Improvement
42) Control your attitude.
43) Don’t be a drama twinkie.
44) We’re all on the same train, sitting in different seats, heading in the same direction.
45) Sincere: without wax; be who you are only.
46) Choose character over popularity.
47) Effective people do the things they don’t like to do.
48) Love people and use things. Don’t use people and love things.
49) GUT: Get Utterly Tense
50) AMP: Acknowledge Me Please
51) 86,400 seconds in a day … invest them well.
52) SOBS: Serve or Be Served
53) Attitude determines altitude.
54) People don’t crumble in a day. It’s a slow fade.
55) GIRLS: Gifted … Important … Rational … Lovely … Secure
56) BOYS: Brave … Organized … Yielding … Strong
57) Don’t “COF” in your relationships: Don’t try to Control People. Don’t Obsess over people. Don’t try to Fix people.